quinta-feira, 11 de novembro de 2010
The Linspotting project had a great overall reception from all over the world. This is both rewarding and motivating. However, since not all sides of the project were entirely understood we leave here a simple FAQ for reference.
1) What is the Linspotting project?
A meta-package for Linux Caixa Magica, a certification, a video editing workflow manual (EN and PT) and a demo video. See the full explanation here.
2) Is the video a commercial for Linux?
No it is not. The video is an ironic view over the way Linux / Open Source works. It's meant for a niche, not for a general audience.
3) "I don't get the message"
The video has quite some subtleties. To fully get it it helps if:
- you've seen Trainspotting (awesome movie...)
- you are familiar with the Linux "ecosystem"
Bonus points, if you understand Portuguese.
4) Can I install "Linspotting" on other Linux distributions?
You want to install Kdenlive not Linspotting. On other distributions you don't get the formal certification of the package set that is needed for a full workflow (kdenlive, mlt, ffmpeg, etc) but Kdenlive should work nicely. There's nothing stopping other Linux distributions from certifying video editing as well.
5) Is Linux / Kdenlive suitable for professional video editing?